Sunday, December 12, 2010

Rabbit & wise tortoise


“What?? Are you crazy?” I exclaimed.
“Why ? What is so crazy about it?” he said.
“Listen, cyber café is a place meant for youngsters. You really can’t expect me to go there,” I said.
“Why not? Why can’t you go there? It’s just your mind block. What’s so  unusual about it? And for  that  matter who has got time to even bother about you ?  Don’t you miss our chats?” he asked.
“Yes I do,” I admitted.
“Then please  log in to your Messenger  at six in the evening,” he gave the final ultimatum  and kept the phone down.
Oh God! This boy is going to make me do things which I don’t want to do, I thought. But in the evening, I found myself, walking towards a cyber café. The desire to be with Subba, outweighed all my apprehensions and hesitations. The  place was full of youngsters. I felt odd but nonetheless it was exciting  too, like a thrill felt by a child  by doing something forbidden. As I signed in to my Messenger, I saw him online.
“Heyyyyyyy………I’m sooooo  happy that you could make it!!!” an instant message popped up on my screen.
“I am happy too …but….” I replied.
“No ‘but’ please. You must do, what makes you happy. Don’t you  know that my wise tortoise?” he typed.
“Yeah I know rabbit. But don’t forget that I belong to a different generation and our ideas are bound to differ,” I wrote.
“ No need to act an oldie. Because in the  heart of your heart you know that  inspite  of your age, you  belong to our generation. It’s our generation that you identify with. It’s said we are as old as we feel. So what’s wrong in accepting that you are still a teenager? Why do you keep reminding yourself your age? Be happy that you don’t feel and behave like an ‘aunty-ji. ”
“Hahahaha…no doubt that I don’t behave like an ‘aunty- ji’ but you definitely behave  like an ‘uncle-ji’, always preaching me something or the other,” I laughed.

No comments:

Post a Comment