Friday, December 10, 2010

Making of an author out of a bored housewife

“What is it?” I was curious.
“You are so good at expressing your feelings. Why don’t you start writing?”
“What? Do you think writing is a child’s play? Writing is not just expressing your feelings. There is more to it. Writing is not everyone’s cup of tea,” I found his idea so absurd.
“Yes it’s not everyone’s cup of tea but surely you can do it,” Riaz seemed to be certain about it.
“Forget it Riaz, I am not at all convinced.”
“Neither am I trying to convince you. Trust me, you are a potential author. All you have to do is pen down your thoughts and emotions,” he was encouraging.
And thereafter Riaz never allowed the topic to die down. Our meetings started with the same question, “So….? Have you written anything?”
Fed up, with his relentless persuasion, one morning I opened a new file in Microsoft Word. ‘Let me type whatever comes to my mind and show it to him. Once he goes through my amateurish writing, he would stop pestering me.’ I thought. Just then Golu and Chulbuli came and sat on the window parapet. As I looked at the lovey-dovey couple, I wished, Nikhil had given me the same attention that Golu bestowed on Chulbuli. My yearning for love, triggered so many emotions in me that thoughts just flowed through my mind, in a steady cascade. And as my fingers played on the key board to give shape to my feelings, something unexpected happened. Appropriate phrases, describing the exact feelings came to my mind on their own. The effortless ease, with which I captured my feelings in a smooth flowing language was simply amazing! How could it happen to a novice like me who had just begun? I couldn’t believe that it was actually happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment